Error: Only up to 6 widgets are supported in this layout. If you need more add your own layout.

About the early Yugas (for Bob from Reno!)

Eurythmy Online Forums Anthroposophical Studies About the early Yugas (for Bob from Reno!)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Cynthia
      Keymaster

Hi Bob! As far as I understand—–(which is not a little, but not all), the Yugas are “recent history” in comparison with Saturn evolution. The three great planetary cycles–Saturn, Sun and Moon– happened long before this Earth cycle began. There occurred a recapitulation of all the previous three planetary cycles in the very early beginnings of Earth, before it became air, fluid, material. I believe (but I am not certain) that the Yuga you mentioned happened in early Atlantis, but it could have been a phase before that. I’ll see whether it becomes more clear to me.

danieljmiller
      Participant

This is all so interesting that you brought this up Bob. I so remember from the readings for this course that R.S. said that Saturn evolution happened before time had been established, that it happened in ‘duration’. As Cynthia says these things are beyond our intellectual understanding, or at least beyond mine. But another thing this brings up, which may have to do with the question I had earlier about R.S. saying that Earth planetary evolution is divided into Mars and Mercury evolution, because if we just finished Kali Yuga around 1899 then that means we are starting a new cycle of Yugas which begins with Satya Yuga which is a golden age of enlightenment.

bobfromreno
        Participant

Following Kali Yuga we enter Dwapara Yuga (Jupiter phase) which from my perception is in opposing juxtaposition to moon phase.

danieljmiller
      Participant

Bob, Thanks. That makes more sense that we descend down through the Yugas and then rise back up through them.

bobfromreno
        Participant

I am beginning to understand the movement of the conciousness of matter as an in and out breath rather than a timeline, or as Cynthia has been illustrating (and all previous teachers of anthroposophy) as a U curve.
        Inward and outward with a pralaya defining the two as a definition of all that is. I think and feel it is important for our evolution to remove time and linear constructs from our spiritually scientific study of ourselves.
        ???

danieljmiller
      Participant

Seems I was getting a little ahead of myself by some 10’s of thousands of years.

bobfromreno
      Participant

I’ve only just begun my study of the Yugas, but initially it seems to overlay everything I’ve learned from anthroposophical study regarding the evolution of consciousness.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.