Error: Only up to 6 widgets are supported in this layout. If you need more add your own layout.

Welcome to our Forum!

Eurythmy Online Forums Anthroposophical Studies Welcome to our Forum!

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Cynthia
      Keymaster

Welcome to everyone who is participating in the Human and Cosmic Evolution Study group, Winter 2021. I look forward to seeing what content is posted here and what conversations evolve. Here you can write questions to each other, and respond to one another. I will check in here regularly and respond where appropriate. Let’s work together!

danieljmiller
      Participant

I first would like to express my gratitude to Cynthia and her helpers for making the Eurythmy Courses and this study group available. I have been craving for years a reconnection to people devoted to spiritual development. If this forum proves lively it would further enhance my appreciation.
      I have a question: If the ‘I Am’ does not manifest in the levels of the human below the heart-mind, how does one spiritualize the etheric and physical? My experience with eurythmy and in healing meditations is of being present in the lower energy centers of the body. Perhaps it is that I am only active in those regions with my thoughts and intentions without manifesting there?
      Daniel Miller

Cynthia
      Keymaster

Ah, what a GREAT question. I need to clarify my point: the I-Am first becomes Awake in Consciousness in the Heart-Mind soul. But BY ALL MEANS it needs to work all the way down into the physical and the etheric bodies, so that we are grounded, healthy, well-integrated. The very form, the wisdom, the architecture of the physical body is a manifestation of what is only possible for a human I-being. When we are born, we slip into it, and gradually with it, feeling it to be our own. But again, we are not aware of the great majesty of it. And yet, the ego is active in it, warming it through, creating our human digestion, etc. The ego is also completely active, unconsciously, in your individuated etheric body processes.
      But here is the beautiful next step that you pointed to: when we do eurythmy, we do something miraculous. We actually begin the process of bringing a new level of spiritual creative forces into those parts of us that are otherwise unconscious. We call these the LOGOS forces, the forces of the cosmic creative Word, the forces that made us, that live in us as the gift of creation, yet are largely unconscious. In eurythmy, we begin an extraordinary awakening into that realm.

danieljmiller
      Participant

Thank you. That conforms with my experience.

danieljmiller
      Participant

In reading Chapter 8 of Theosophy and Rosicrucianism I was fascinated to learn that our present Earth evolution is divided in two by the influence of Mars and Mercury, and R.S. says that we are now more under the influence of Mercury. He has also stated in other lectures that Mercury and Venus should be reversed, that Mercury is Venus and Venus Mercury. I was always puzzled by this.
      Is he suggesting that our current world, ruled by the divisive and fragmenting influence of the intellect, is moving towards a world under the influence of the unifying and holistic forces of the heart? This may be over-simplifying the true nature of the transition, but it is one that seems to be reflected in what is happening.

danieljmiller
      Participant

I hope no one minds my rambling on here, but I find it very helpful to express myself in a format open to others. If this is inappropriate plus let me know.
      I just had an insight that was quiet astonishing to me. I was reading in Esoteric Science about the Archai, who were at their human stage on Saturn. They pour out their personality into the Saturn sphere and have it reflected back to them. I asked myself what is analogous today to such a process that we humans perform. Intellectually I could think of nothing, but as I was about to go to bed it hit me. I have been working for years with what is typically called the St. Francis prayer- to give is to receive- in meditation and in daily life. The most profound effect was the realization that I experienced love most intensely when I love the world and those around me. I would also use the format of the prayer to modify my personality. If there was a quality or attribute in the world I felt I was deficient in, I would give it to others. For example, I felt that I was not included in much of what went on around me. I simple inserted this into the prayer, “let me not so much seek to be included but be inclusive”. Over a relatively short period of time the prayer would work its magic and I felt included in all that was appropriate. This seems to me to be very similar to what the Archai were doing. We all have these capacities of personality. To experience them we simply need to pour them out into the world and they are reflected back.

Lorraine Abate
        Participant

Thank you for your post about the St. Francis prayer, what a wonderful insight! I appreciate you sharing it, it’s very helpful to me.

aeastman
        Participant

yes, thank you for your post of these thoughts this is something I work on also!

Lorraine Abate
      Participant

Thank you Cynthia, I am very grateful to be able to study this material with you!

Lorraine Abate
      Participant

I have a quick logistical question–you said for part of this week’s reading we might read the first 20-30 pages of Chapter 4 in Outline of Occult Science. I ordered a copy of the book but it hasn’t arrived yet, so I’m using the online version at RS Archives. It is divided into 7 parts. Can you give me an idea of where 20-30 pages would end on this online version? Thank you!

Cynthia
      Keymaster

Hi Lorraine, the first section of Chapter 4 is an overview of Cosmic Evolution. Please read that much. Then next section is titled “Saturn” or “Ancient Saturn.” Feel free to read as much as that as you can. I plan to go deeply into Saturn evolution, but I have to lay the foundation for it first, including topics like “what are Hierarchies,” and the qualities of all of them. This is not specifically covered in the text.

bobfromreno
      Participant

Is “Saturn phase” synonymous with “Satya Yuga” ?

Cynthia
      Keymaster

Hi Bob! As far as I understand—–(which is not a little, but not all), the Yugas are “recent history” in comparison with Saturn evolution. The three great planetary cycles–Saturn, Sun and Moon– happened long before this Earth cycle began. There occurred a recapitulation of all the previous three planetary cycles in the very early beginnings of Earth, before it became air, fluid, material. I believe (but I am not certain) that the Satya Yuga you mentioned happened in early Atlantis, but it could have been a phase before that. I’ll see whether it becomes more clear to me.

danieljmiller
      Participant

Bob, I know a little and found out a little about this. R.S. referred to each of the planetary conditions, of which Saturn was one of seven, as a Manvantara. According to Wikipedia each Manvantara is divided into the four Yugas in which Satya Yuga is the first. R.S. also said that we just passed through Kali Yuga, which lasted about 5,000 years, from 3105 B.C. to approximately 1899. Now how do you reconcile this? A planetary condition last millions if not billions of years and a fourth of this would be hard to reconcile with 5,000 years. I read that each of the Yugas is of unequal duration with Kali Yuga being the shortest, but still? Much I do not know.

Isabel Bauer
      Participant

Hello everyone. How fortunate we are to have been given this chance by Cynthia to learn more about Anthroposophy AND have a forum in which we can have a dialog. Thank you!
      There are 4 levels of body and 4 levels of soul, yet Cynthia’s notes (and the one I took) lists three. What is it that I am not seeing/understanding?

Cynthia
        Keymaster

We have to go a bit further with this, and be flexible with our point of view.
        There are FOUR BODIES (physical, etheric, astral and ego). This we use when we talk of the “fourfold human being,” which is connected to the fur elements, four ethers, etc…
        In addition, there are THREE SPIRITUAL “BODIES,” the spirit self, life spirit, and spirit man. Taken together with the fourfold being, we can speak of the SEVENFOLD BEING, which is understood in conjunction with the elements and ethers combined (more of that later).

But if we want to look deeper, we can say we have THREE BODIES (physical, etheric and sentient), three levels of SOUL (sentient, heart-mind and consciousness), and three SPIRIT levels (spirit self, life spirit, and spirit man). Together, these make up the NINEFOLD human being. This picture can be understood together with the sevenfold, when we say: the sentient body and the sentient soul together become the “Astral body.” The consciousness soul and the spirit self together become the “Consciousness Soul.”

So, to answer your question, we can look at the human being from different perspectives, which helps us to understand what we are seeing ever more clearly.

bobfromreno
        Participant

Yes, as I meditate on the Yugas and their durations, I am conscious of relativity. Time is a construct of our current state of consciousness. I suspect that as we move further from Kali Yuga our sense of time will “loosen” to the degree of 5 thousand years being a mere nanosecond consciously speaking in Satya Yuga.

bobfromreno
        Participant

I too am struggling to correlate 3 fold with 4 fold, 7,9 et al.
        I have come to some clarity thus.
        Our physical body receives sensations from the outer world.
        Our 3 fold being then processes those sensations.
        We think about them.
        We create feelings about them.
        We will outwardly about them.
        Our 4 fold being
        Includes the extra consciousness of thinking about the feelings we create from said sensations then creating ever more thought feelings and so on.
        I think?
        7 & 9 fold further self reflect and create multiplying the 3 basic folds and further dividing consciousness into finer definition.
        I feel?

Kathleen Hanrahan
      Participant

Thank you Cynthia for your wonderful notes from the first class.
      Truly a gift as you are a gift!
      Kathleen Hanrahan

Gerhard
      Participant

Hello…how could I get the notes from the first class? I missed that one.

Cynthia
      Keymaster

When did you sign up? If you just signed up, then I just sent it to you. If you had already signed up, you should have gotten it—so check in your spam box!

wai_wyc
      Participant

Hi Cythia! There’s a name that you mentioned while you were talking about the U-curve last week, can you please type out his name for me. Something related to business concept on the U-curve. Coincidently, I was actually wanted to find out more about this gentleman.

Also, thank you for making my readings more lively! It feels like I’m not studying alone with R.S. books but to have someone assist me all the way. You & Harald did a great job for organising these online webinars : ) I cannot deny that internet has its own position on connecting people all around the world.

Cheers,
      Waiyee
      (Malaysia)

Cynthia
        Keymaster

Great to hear from you! His name is Otto Scharmer. When you search for him on Google, you will find his has LOTS of written and online resources for his work. Enjoy!

HumanCosmicEv.2021
      Participant

Great to have the video for one week to listen again. It does begin to sink in as i take the time to listen and read slowly.
      The little meditation on the senses in first session and the circles in the second seems simple but profound.
      It does feel like a journey/our journey. the word being PRESENT with the material and letting it live with us, seems truly appropriate.
      One question on a side note, in the written material on page 10, stage 6, it states Angels developed with the help of the “Seraphim”. Do i assume correctly that it might be Cherubim! (want to honor the being)!
      My gratitude for this clear presentation and all the written material.
      Regine

danieljmiller
      Participant

In the last paragraph of the section on Old Saturn, speaking about the transition to Old Sun, Rudolf Steiner says, “The Spirits of Motion are now as far advanced as the Spirits of Wisdom on Saturn. The lowest principle of their being was then the astral body, now they possess an ether or life body.” This is the only place, I am aware of, that he says there is the development of a lower body when developing a higher body. Is this typical, or is there something about it I am not understanding? I do experience something like this in that when raising my consciousness I am able to ground myself into the Earth more. Is this a more modest example of the same principle?

Cynthia
      Keymaster

Good sleuthing, Daniel! I’ve puzzled over that for years as well. But my understanding has gotten me to understand that he is probably talking about them now having a TRANSFORMED ether body, the equivalent of Life Spirit. How do I get to that? The Thrones were the sacrificers on Saturn, created the foundation for the deepest substance (the foundation of the physical, but not such as we have, filled with matter). The Kyriotetes had as their lowest body the etheric body, and were able to contribute it to the physical substance. On Sun they have some-sort-of physical body, and be are evolved enough to sacrifice it. Thus, they have grown “deeper” into the “physical,” but in doing so they are masters of it. In that sense, I think it is the “higher octave” of the physical. The Dynamis have grown “deeper” into the etheric, but, again, it is different from our relationship to the etheric. They are able to contribute it to evolution, whereas we are still unconscious in our etheric body. I hope you see what I am looking at: their evolution “downward” is actually an evolution “upward.” that corresponds to the way that our lowest body (physical) transmutes into our highest (spirit-man), etc….

danieljmiller
      Participant

Thank you. That is helpful.

danieljmiller
      Participant

I have some forum format questions: What is the best way to organize this forum, when to start a new topic, what is a ‘topic tag’, how do you insert a reply to a question that is imbedded in a wider conversation, and how is HTML coding significant or necessary? I am totally new to this and a bit lost in how to proceed.

Cynthia
      Keymaster

Hi Daniel, I’m not entirely sure either. The form of the forum is proscribed by WordPress, and I don’t know any simple way to give people instructions of when to start new topics, etc.

vitalie
      Participant

Hi, I noticed mention of Yugas and Archai – if I’m not mistaken, the Archai oversee the Yugas, and Michael is the reigning Time-Spirit now.

vitalie
      Participant

There’s one more thing that I’d like to add: Spirit-Human, Life-Spirit and Spirit-Self are Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

danieljmiller
      Participant

Is this right? I have envisioned to myself that Spirit-Self is, as you say, the Father principle, the transformed physical and having to do with will. The Life-Spirit, I felt, was the Holy Spirit, the feminine aspect, the transformed etheric, and has to do with feeling. And Spirit-Self is the Son principle, the Word, the transformed astral, and has to do with thinking. ??

vitalie
      Participant

I’m not really sure, I was hoping to find out.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.